To create a unique setting in Caithness that provides young children with a natural and nurturing space, where they can play & explore, grow & develop and learn & flourish as individuals.
We value all children as individuals and recognise their fundamental right to play and learn.
- We value outdoor play and the positive impact it can have on our children’s health and wellbeing and their physical and cognitive development.
- We value the freedom and happiness of children.
- We value the fun that children can have outdoors and how this can lead to improved wellbeing and resilience.
- We value the ‘Curiosity and Creativity’ approach to child development.
- We value the input and expertise of our staff, committee and wider community.
- We value the need for trusting relationships with our children, families, staff, committee and community
- We value the safety of our children.
- We value the role of continuous and rigorous evaluation to improve our setting and experiences for our children.
- We value the need to provide staff with Continuous Professional Learning opportunities.
- To create an engaging outdoor learning environment.
- To work together as a team to develop the indoor and outdoor spaces at Busy Bees to make it an excellent Early Learning Centre.
- To create an Early Learning Centre that sits at the heart of the Bower Community and welcomes children from across Caithness.
- To provide an environment that encourages all children to be safe, happy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible and included.
- To source funds to purchase an outdoor learning classroom what will ensure our young children have more time outdoors.
- To work together to achieve the vison for development as created by all stakeholders.
- To ensure our staff use National Policy and Guidance along with their professional understanding of child development to plan for better play and learning.
- To support staff to engage in professional learning opportunities to enhance their own practise and better their pedagogy. To ensure our staff are SSSC registered.
- To work with and for our community. We aim to improve our relationship with the local primary school and improve our intergenerational links.
- To create a setting that benefits families form across Caithness.
- To provide a high level of care using the National Health and Social Care Standard
- To deliver balanced educational experiences in line with our curriculum policy, as well as national and local advice and guidelines, following the Early Level of the Curriculum for Excellence and Realising the Ambition.
Our Vision, Values and Aim’s statement has been created by the children, staff, parents and wider community. 2020